Where on one hand, Ganpati festival brings together thousands of people, it also attracts a number of unscrupulous and disturbing elements. The number of thefts, pick-pocketing and harassment incidents goes up significantly during these 10 days.
It is, therefore, advisable for everyone to stay on-guard.
Here are some of the precautions that you can take:
- Don’t venture out alone after 9 pm, especially to secluded areas
- Do not hang bags on the shoulders while driving
- Do not wear gold chains and expensive jewellery when going to crowded places like ganpati mandals
- Always be aware of people standing around you and any suspicious behaviour
- If you come across any suspicious activity, immediately contact the police on 100
- If you are going alone in the night, carry pepper spray or red chilli powder.